Saturday, September 15, 2007

Kirtland, Ohio

We found out Kirtland, Ohio is only 30 minutes away, so we were pretty excited that we were so close to those church history sites, and had to take advantage!  It was seriously so cool and inspiring to see what happened here, what people went through, and how they lived. 


The Newel K Whitney Store



The Whitney Home







In the Sawmill


Outside the Sawmill



Inside the Ashery





The Kirtland Temple (which is now owned by the Community of Christ Church)



There was an amazing spirit as we went through and toured everything.  I can't begin to express my feelings and what happened here, because it would be too long for this blog, but I do know that what happened here is true.  The prophet Joseph Smith was here and was inspired by God.  I love our church.  And I'm grateful for the Spirit to help me know these things are true.  For more information about Kirtland, go to https://www.lds.org/locations/historic-kirtland-visitors-center.  I hope we'll be able to come back here many times in the 4 years we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment