Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Had's birthday was last weekend! He's one year older and wiser too according to him. We didn't have a huge celebration, but we did celebrate it all weekend long. Last year he had a test week during our birthdays, so it was fun to be able to actually spend time with him this year. Friday we went out to eat with some friends at a little restaraunt that served wild game (yeah, i know....it was his birthday though) a couple days out of the year. We got a platter that had wild boar, elk steak, quail, and venison (deer meat). I'm proud to say, i tried all of it but the elk steak, cuz it was dripping with blood, and that makes me want to vomit. Had ate everything, including what was on some of the other couples plates. (Just in case his parents were wondering if he changed any of those habits, uh that'd be a negative.) I definately think he'd survive out in the wilderness!
Saturday was his actual birthday, and we started the day off right by being woken up by Jete crying. Then I left and let Had and Jete have some special bonding time, since they don't get that too often....ok, so i went to the church for enrichment, but i'm sure they bonded. :) Then later that evening we got to go to a high school football playoff game. We were pretty excited about this, cuz both teams are nationally ranked. We got a babysitter for Jete, got all bundled up, and went out with friends. We got some hot chocolate, nachos, and pizza, and settled down to watch the game under some blankets, only to realize we were the only white people in the stands! Good times. The game was really close, but kinda a little boring cuz both teams were so good on defense, that neither team could ever move the ball.


Game over, 8-7. Whoopee!
We finshed off his birthday weekend by playing games and having birthday cake with some of our friends on Sunday. It was a fun weekend! Ok, I'm not really the mushy type, but i really love him so much! He is the best husband and dad i could ever imagine and i have so much fun with him. I'm so lucky to have him in my life, and i look forward to the many more birthdays i get to celebrate with him.

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like Hadley had a pretty good birthday! I hope that you have a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How romantic!! kidding. Happy birthday to the both of ya. I wish those friends with you were us instead. We miss you guys. Are you coming home for Christmas?? If so we call dibs on you for at least an hour!!! P.S. I don't know why this says I am posting as Weston but it is really me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy Birthday Had. Sorry I pulled that sweet one on ya and forgot to tell ya even though I talked to you that day. I think I need to come to your house for birthdays since they are celebrated for a couple days, not just one. That is the goods, something I might just have to start doing at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had, happy birthday, this is todd, how does a guy get a hold of you via telecommunications (cell phone). Hope you guys are enjoying whereever the crap you are, i think iowa, michigan ohio, shoot i don't know, just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Had!!! I remembered your birthday and as a gift I didn't call you and take up precious Cin and Jete time talking on the phone. I was totally thinking about you and wishing you happy birthday thoughts the whole day. Um, which day of the weekend was your ACTUAL birthday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun times. How was your Birthday Cin? Hopefully your trip down the road was a fun/good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuck, the birthday dinner sounds interesting (but something my husband would love too) but glad you had fun, Happy B-day Had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had, I hope u had a great birthday, sou7nds like u did, what about Cin? Did u have a good birthday?? I hope u did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know...I can't wait to see you guys either! We definately need to go on a double date or something! Hopefully you guys will actually have some time to relax too. Last time it was kinda crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cindy,that is a horrible picture of me! :) Why was I the only one freezing that night? Thanks for inviting us it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey guys!! What's up? I found your blog somehow. How's school going? I am so ready for it to be over with. This 4th year has been awful but we are surviving. You guys look great. Jeter is cute. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete