Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis The Season To Be Jolly

I know there are probably tons of people out there that love this time of year, but I really, really LOVE it! Everything that has to do with this time of year makes me so happy. I just feel really happy and blessed, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite things (my computer is having issues so I have no pictures, and no updates for now).
Things that I love:
  • Listening and singing along to Christmas music
  • Going to the stores and watching the hustle and bustle of everyone trying to find gifts.
  • Seeing decorated Christmas trees
  • Driving around looking at Christmas lights
  • Watching all the cheesey Falalala Lifetime Christmas movies while I fold clothes
  • Winter storms
  • Drinking hot chocolate
  • Cuddling with Had under a blanket while watching a Christmas movie
  • Even though I'm done with school, and Had is basically done with school, I still get excited when I hear that schools are being canceled
  • Wrapping Christmas presents secretly
  • Taking a walk outside at night when everything is white with snow and the sky is so light
  • Making (and eating) Christmas goodies
  • That Jeter is old enough that I can threaten that Santa won't bring him toys if he's naughty
  • Christmas shopping for kids
  • Nativity Scenes
  • Christmas Parties (to an extent)
  • Spending time with family
  • Decorating for Christmas
  • Teaching Jete about Baby Jesus and the real Christmas story
  • Watching huge snow flakes fall
  • Being snowed in
  • Seeing the "giving spirit" in people
  • Reading Christmas books
  • Watching Jerzi's eyes light up every morning when I bring her downstairs and she sees the Christmas tree
  • Making gingerbread houses
  • Making paper snowflakes
  • Hearing little kids say what kind of a present they would give to Jesus.

I know there are tons more things that I love about this season, but these are just the ones off the top of my head. I am sad that we're not going to be able to go home and spend time with our families for Christmas this year, but I'm also really excited to have our own Christmas and start are own traditions. It has already been so fun and I have been able to enjoy all this stuff a lot more instead of just running from place to place. I love my husband and my sweet kids more than ever and I'm very grateful to have them with me. I'm especially grateful for the Savior and what he's done for me and for the chance we have to celebrate his birth.

3 comments:

  1. Cin, I love love LOVE all those things TOO!! Christmas is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Cin, tender-rama. I love you! (and Had and your cute kidlets) Dont let them forget me'\

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad we don't get to see you this year, but I am so excited for you to have your very own Christmas. It is the BEST, our kids get so excited and it is way funner to watch them then it ever was to open gifts myself!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete