Friday, October 21, 2011

Beach Day In October!

So the other day I got a few picture texts sent to my phone.
They were of The Beautiful Rexburg, Idaho; sent because they wanted us to see that it was snowing there.
I couldn't help but laugh, cuz I happened to get them when we were hangin out at the beach.

As much as I love Rexburg, I'm glad I'm in Houston right now! It's finally cool enough that we can hang out outside without sweating our brains out.



We were all pretty excited to be there!






Our friends Daniel, Amanda and their kids came to visit us from Cleveland. It was so much fun having them here!






Jeter and Madilyn played like crazy, and ran around like maniacs all over the beach. Jete acted like he's never seen sand or water before. He started rolling around in it, making "sand angels", and splashing and crashing the waves. Here's the sand castle they built, only I think they turned it into a volcano instead of a castle.






Jerzi loved the waves, and wanted to run out in them by herself, but they kept knocking her over. Then she would get all grossed out when she got the water in her mouth cuz of the salt. She would try to wipe it out, and then get sand in her mouth. It's rough being little. I think this is right after she got a little mouthful of water.




I loved looking at the cute beach houses that lined the shore. How fun would that be to stay in one of these for a week and go surfing, lay out, go running along the beach, and build sand castles every day? One day, I'm gonna take a vacation like this.






Life isn't always peachy for us though. Especially for this little boy.

We went to Wal Mart one day and Jete saw those little swing sets out in front of the store. So he ran over to the swing, climbed on up, and started swinging. Next thing I know, he is falling out backwards, head first, onto the concrete.... and I watched it all happen, but couldn't manage to move my legs to catch him. I felt horrible for him. He let out a huge wail of a screaming cry, that I'm sure everyone in the parking lot heard. I tried to calm him down, or at least get him to stop crying so loud and then I felt his head. There was an instant ginormous goose egg!

So for those of you at home keeping track of how many goose eggs this poor little boy conjures up......add one more to the list!

It was hard to get a good picture of this. It looked and felt a lot bigger than this in real life.











Here's what the top of it looked like.







And I just wanted to throw these last ones of Jerzi in for the family. So here's what her hair normally looks like....... curly, wavy, out of controllish.






Well, I straightened it the other day. Look how long it is!
Someone asked me if she was 4 years old last week.


HAHA

Nope, just 1.


2 comments:

  1. Jerzi's hair is incredible! How can a 1 yr old have that long of hair? And, how in the world did you get her to sit still long enough to straighten it. There must be some good treats around your house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez I wish I could go back to warm weather and the beach right now! Those two munchkins are way too cute for their own good! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete