Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Game Day

Last year at this time, I was in Idaho watching the big game (Oregon vs. Wisconsin...Rose Bowl) with Hadley's family, while he had to stay in Texas and work.  This year for the Fiesta Bowl, (Oregon vs. Kansas State), we stayed here in Texas.  This game would have been so sweet to be at, or with the fam!  Not only were the Ducks playing in this huge game, but they were playing against Kansas State.  Hadley's uncle coaches for Kansas State!  So as we got all decked out in our Ducks gear, I couldn't help but feel a little bad for not rooting for the Wildcats.  We always follow whatever team his uncle coaches for, and always hope they do well.  But what do ya do when they're playing against your favorite team?  We had to stay loyal to.....our team!

Jeter kept asking me how far away the game was.  I kept giving him different forms of answers cuz he didn't seem to understand.  I would say: its far away, in Arizona, like 15 or 20 hours away.  He just seemed confused.  Then when I started getting the "party food" ready, and turned on the TV for the pregame stuff, Jete and Jerzi's faces both looked so dissapointed.  I asked them what's wrong and found out they both thought we were going to the game.  Jerzi actually took her jersey off and said like she was punishing me,"If we're not going to the game, then I'm not wearing this!"  Turns out your kids are spoiled rotten when they think they are going to the actual game because they're putting on their Ducks clothes!





Hadley was still at work and missed the first part of the game.  He told me to wait for him, but I couldn't handle waiting.  After De'Anthony Thomas (the fastest dude ever) ran the opening kick off back for a touchdown, me, Jete, and Jerzi were freakin out and jumpin up and down.  (Jerzi ran back up to her room and put on her sweatshirt after the touchdown, to celebrate I guess. Haha)  I'm so happy to have a little sports-oriented family that I can enjoy all this kind of stuff with.  


   GO DUCKS!!!
(FINAL SCORE: 35-17)

3 comments:

  1. Love your new blog design and pictures, way cute! Your sporty family is so freakin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good grief. i can't get enough of how cute they are in this picture. and jerz looks so grown up with her hair straight i can't take it!

    ReplyDelete