Tuesday, March 19, 2013

He Has A Plan

I've been holding off writing about this for awhile, but right after Christmas, we found out I was pregnant!  We were so happy and excited, cuz we had been trying for quite awhile.  We didn't tell anybody because we feel like we need to wait until after the 1st trimester or "scary part" is over.  (I've already had 2 miscarriages before, so that's why it's the scary part.)

Well, a couple weeks went by and I hadn't felt sick or nauseated at all, which is not normal for me.   I wasn't tired at all either, which also isn't normal.  So I had a hunch that something wasn't quite right.  So I took another pregnancy test and it still said that I was pregnant, but I just couldn't let myself get fully excited about it.  Hadley convinced me that I was just lucky this time and this was going to be the best pregnancy ever.  So for about a week I believed that, and carried on with everyday life.  We started thinking about baby names, and how we were gonna arrange the bedrooms for the kids, etc.  Then I started spotting. (If the word spotting grosses you out, then you should probs stop reading.)

Spotting isn't that abnormal for me during pregnancy.  I spotted all throughout my entire pregnancy with Jeter.  But I decided to finally go into the doctor and just make sure everything was ok.  I went. The doc said things looked normal so I went back home feeling a little relieved.  Two more weeks go by and I started bleeding a little bit.  I went back to the doctor, and they confirmed my fear.  I indeed had another miscarriage, at 9 weeks.  So now I've had more miscarriages than I have kids.  Ugh.

I have debated whether I wanted to write about this, or even tell anybody about it, or just tuck it away in my own little mind so I don't have to talk to anyone about it.  I finally decided to, because I don't keep a journal, but I do try and post things that are going on in our life so that I can look back on our experiences. I also never wrote anything about my previous miscarriages, and wished that I would have. I don't want to forget my feelings and thoughts on this particular matter and what we went through at this time in our lives.

 So aside from dealing with all the aftermath of having a miscarriage (bleeding, lots and lots of bleeding), talk of a D & C, infections, cysts, and wearing what I call "diapers" for way too long,  I felt sadness, fear, and disappointment.... at first.   I still kinda wonder if something is wrong with my body to make this keep happening.  But as I prayed and heard Hadley's prayers go up in my behalf, I felt so much better.  Hadley's been so supportive and good to me during all this. It's kinda frustrating to not be able to plan out our lives how we want, but I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us! I know that I would way rather have Heavenly Father's plan than my own, and when or if he wants us to have another child, it will happen.  (Which will probably be when He knows that I can handle Jerzi's freakish fits and a new baby.)  These miscarriages are a constant reminder to me that He is in charge of our lives.  I am so grateful  for the 2 kids that we do have.  My family means everything to me in the world, and I feel so lucky to have them now, more than ever.

10 comments:

  1. Cin--My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, and it was so hard. It had taken a year to get pregnant, then I miscarried, then it took another 2 years to get Jacob here. I had no idea how common it was until it happened to me, then there were all these ladies sharing their experiences with it as well.

    My heart hurts for you! I'll pray that you can recognize those tender mercies that come along, and feel His peace, every day. He does have a plan. Know that His heart is hurting for you, too, and He will always be there for you when you need Him.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you! It's hard sometimes to find comfort in the eternal picture when you want something so bad! I pray you get a baby blessed to you soon! Thanks for sharing your story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weston just told me this last night! I'm sad for you, really. I'm praying for you guys, for two things really; 1-that you can get you another baby, and 2-that you can move back closer to us! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cin you are awesome! It is hard to write those things down & mostly I'm super private so I know how good it can feel sometimes to get them out. It is such a blessing to know that the Lord has a much better plan and then to look back years later and think about those times and what you learned from them and how they helped you grow. You'd never trade them for anything in the world because of who they help you become. We've had lots of scary things going on over here but I've seen so many miracles that I never cease to be amazed! Some days it just feels good to cry and pray and cry a bunch more! So keep doing whatever makes you feel good (: Haha. Hang in there! We'll keep you & your sweet family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. So frustrating. Im so sorry you have to deal with this again, its such a hard thing. Your a great mom and wife, Im not sure why we have to go through these hard situations, I guess to make us stronger. Stay positive and thanks for sharing... that is a tough thing to do. Ive been thinking about you all day! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cin, i'm so sorry! I can't imagine going through a miscarriage let alone three. You are so strong! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry Cindy. How difficult. I like what someone said above, "Cry and pray" that just about sums it up, I guess I could add in there to laugh - so you better talk to Holly so she can make you laugh. Take Care Cuz -- you've got a lot of people cheering for you. I think about our grandparents a lot and wonder how they would handle certain situations/obstacles. Maybe Grandma would just get mad. Oh, I think she did get mad so she put Uncle Steve in a dress.

    ReplyDelete