Monday, October 21, 2013

It's Real!



As soon as I became pregnant, I wouldn't let myself get excited.  It's happened a few too many times, where I get pregnant, and then miscarry.  This pregnancy hasn't been like any of my other ones, miscarriage or not.  I didn't get sick.  I didn't feel nauseous.  I wasn't hungry.  I didn't have to eat the second I woke up, or even hours after.  I exercise and don't get tired. 
 I thought for sure, this one wasn't going to make it either.  I waited a few weeks, and then yep, there came the bleeding.  Ughh!
It only happened for 2 days though.  So I wasn't quite sure.

My belly was slightly growing, but still no other symptoms, for a miscarriage, or for a healthy pregnancy.  Hadley kept telling me, "Be happy, you're just getting a really good pregnancy.  You're still pregnant, I know it."  I wanted to believe him, but couldn't fully.  Finally the time came when I could go to the doctor, at 10 weeks.  Hadley and the kids came with me.  We hadn't told the kids anything yet.  I was nervous and kind of expecting them to show me there was no heartbeat.  Had was excited and expecting them to show us that it was twins.  I told the nurse about everything, and her response was "I'm sure everything's fine.  Maybe you're just having twins."

They did the ultrasound...one single baby, and there was a heartbeat!  We told the kids that was a baby in my tummy that they were showing us a picture of. They were shocked.  It was kinda funny.  The doc told me that I wasn't out of the scary phase yet, but everything so far looked good.  He said he wanted to see me again in 2 weeks to check on things, but I was going to be in Idaho, so I had to wait.  So we sent out the good news to our family right before I flew out to see them, in case they got suspicious of my growing belly.  Jerzi drew a picture of our family, and this is how we told them.


 I was still nervous things weren't quite right.  I got tired, and that's about as much symptoms as I had of being pregnant.  And I wasn't for sure that I wasn't making that up in my head.  Anyway, I went about my business of playing in Idaho, being a mom, and a wife.  When I got back to Texas, and I went to my dr. appt., they couldn't find the heartbeat.....for like 5 minutes.  The nurse seriously tried forever, and finally she said, " Oh there it is."  I could barely hear anything, just a faint little sound.  I seriously thought she was making it up.  At least there was something there though.  I went away from that appt. feeling a little better, but still unsure.  

My next appointment...finding out the sex of the baby.  I really truly can say I didn't care...at all.  I just wanted to see that everything was ok, and to make sure that it was real.  That our baby was alive, still growing, and doing good. 

Had couldn't make it to the appointment cuz of work, but luckily I had my in-laws here, and Leslie was able to come with me, while Blayne watched the kids.  If I got bad news, I don't know that I could have dealt with it on my own.  We got good news!  The baby is healthy, and is growing at just the right pace.  And we're having a boy!!!  But just to make me worry a little more I think, a high risk pregnancy doctor came in and told me there is something showing up on his heart.  It's called an echogenic intracardiac focus.  It's typically a sign of an increased risk of down syndrome.  But, everything else looks good that shows he doesn't have it, and blood tests came back that everything is normal also.  She said it is very common now to see that in ultrasounds, because of all the high tech stuff they use, and to not worry because everything else looks normal and fine.   She said they don't even need to do a second ultra sound for it.  I'm oh so glad she had to come in and tell me all about it, if I don't need to worry about it.
       


But now that I've seen the baby, I know that he's healthy, and I can feel him kicking and squirming around, I can happily announce it's real!  We're having a baby boy in February, and we couldn't be happier!



4 comments:

  1. Congrats Cin!
    My 2nd baby was suppose to be Downs, but only for one check up. Sorry for the acary news, but so glad it ended up great!
    So happy for you and ur cute family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, hooray! So glad your little one is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously so happy for you guys! Can't believe he will already be here in February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy things re good. Will- our #3. Had that exact thing happen to him with the ultrasounds. He is completely fine and healthy. I'm sure your little guy will be the same. No worries.

    ReplyDelete