Monday, August 13, 2007

Moving to The Ohio

We actually moved!  We had tons of help from our families packing and getting our apartment cleaned out.  It was such a huge help, since I had to stop and feed Jete all the time, plus figure out how to be a mom.  We packed up everything we owned in the trunks of our cars and a tiny little 4x8 U-Haul trailer.  It was quite the site to see.  Hadley and John Pocock had every inch of that thing packed in as tight as a wedgie, thanks to them mapping everything out beforehand.  I just wanted to get a bigger trailer, but they were sure they could make it all fit.  Well, that they did.  (Although while we were packing, I think Kerr and Had threw away anything they could get their hands on without me seeing them.)  Now that we had everything in the trailer, the only thing left I had to worry about was traveling across the country with a 3 week old baby.

He was actually so good, and I'm glad he was only 3 weeks, cuz he still just slept like crazy.  It wasn't bad at all.  Hadley and his mom drove our two cars out there, I just rode as a passenger "in case Jete needed me", and John pulled the trailer with his pick up.    We drove and drove and drove some more.   

When you're in the trucking business, there's no way you can drive through Iowa without stopping at this place.  The I-80 Truckstop, The World's Largest Truckstop!




It was a fun little trip, (as fun as it can be when it still hurts to sit down, and you have to sit in a car all day for  days.)  We finally made it to our cute little apartment.  John and Melissa helped us unpack the car and trailer, then John took off that same day.  Crazy man!  Melissa stayed and helped us get everything unpacked and settled in. We love them and all the help they are always giving us. They are two amazing, selfless people I tell ya!  

No comments:

Post a Comment