Friday, February 22, 2008

For the Love of the Game

Have any of you ever loved something so much, even if it causes you pain? I'm sure most of you are thinking of people in your life.... past boyfriends, spouses, siblings, etc. Well, don't get me wrong, i have felt that from people in my life too, but I'm talking about actual physical pain. Some people might question why i like it so much especially if it is hurting me. As i thought about it, there is really only one explanation....it's for the love of the game! I love this game!!! I never want to stop. I can't get enough of it. I want to be playing every spare minute. Even if it does cause me pain, I love it so much. These pictures might gross some people out, so if your one of those people that think feet are disgusting, you better not look. But this is what happens to me when i play basketball, and i would keep playing, even if it did this to all of my toes.






Both of my pinky toes started hurting like crazy as i was playing. When i took off my shoes, they both looked like this.

You can't really see them very well in this picture, but i get massive, thick calluses right below my big toes on that bone that sticks out.

......And a couple weeks later, both of my pinky toe nails fell off.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like it hurts. It doesn't surprise me though you're a die hard, gotta a love b-ball. Where do you play anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that your toe looked really gross, but I have the same exact thing on my big toe... yeah, my nail turned black and blue and fell right off. My other big toe nail almost fell of too, until I bought a pair of running shoes that fit better. I just hope that my nail grows back before the weather gets warmer(for flip flops), otherwise I might have to get one acrylic nail for my toe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gross, Cin. But I'm glad you still get to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, why exactly is this happening? Maybe you should ask the podiatrist (Dr. McArthur what you can do about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy, this is Miriam Andersen (Pope). I hope you don't mind me reading your blog...I saw it on Terrah's blog and I saw that you live in Cleveland. I also live in Cleveland so I was just wondering where you live and what ward you're in. We live on the east side by the Cleveland/Cleveland Heights/Shaker Heights borders and are in Cleveland 3rd ward. We've been here for almost 3 years now while my husband goes to dental school. You can check out my blog at madpopefam.blogspot.com or email me if you want miriam_pope@yahoo.com. It is so fun to have another Rexburg person here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouchy girl! That looks like it hurt! I didn't know you liked to play basketball! Where do you play at!? I used to play in High School but I'm not that good... although I bet I could probably kick your butt... haha j/k

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cin,

    Am I the first person in our fam to see those pics. I can't believe anyone else would look and not comment. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU POSTED OR EVEN LET PEEPS SEE YOUR FEET! Wow, that is something sweet. To everyone else, this is the source for entertainment at our home, laugh at Cin's feet, They are pretty comical, you have to admit. But Cin, it seems there should be a way to play ball and not ruin your feet. Or, or you can just tell everyone that is why your feet look the way they do-cuz of basketball. Sweet, I'd do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should get together sometime, that would be fun. We do have a lot of students in our ward but they're mostly dental with a few medical and law and podiatry thrown in. Since the podiatry school moved we don't have a lot of those any more. You're little boy is so cute by the way. It is so fun to be a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cinna this is bird. Im really unsure of why you wanted to put pictures of your feet on here for other people to see.... im sorta confused about it haha love ya cinny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cin,

    I think you're feet are just fine, they're not anywhere near as bad as Case's thumbs. :0)

    Plus, good thing you got a foot doc for a hubby right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. POOR CIN THAT LOOKS PAINFULL!!!!! SAD.......SADD......SAD

    ReplyDelete