Monday, March 24, 2008

It's Officially #1

I can officially say, Jete had the worst dirty diaper of his whole life today! A little background info first....He has been struggling going to the bathroom for such a long time. Usually when he tries to go, he grunts and pushes so hard his face gets all red, and he just freezes in that position. And if he's lucky, he drops a "little nugget" as we call it. Today as i was talking to my sister on the phone, i saw him freeze, but he wasn't turning red, so i thought oh, he hasn't started yet. I was feelin all bad for him cuz it's so hard for him to go. A couple minutes later i got off the phone and picked him up to smell him to see if he had actually pooped. To my surprise....my hand felt a warm sensation as i touched his back. I checked and yep, poop half way up his back! Most people probably get that "Aghh!!!" feeling about now, and when he was littler, i used to too. But now that he has this issue with going the bathroom, i was kind of happy. That means his stomach doesn't have to hurt cuz he's all cleaned out. Well my thoughts quickly changed. I took off all of his clothes but his onesie. Wow. I didn't even know where to start. I could tell this was going to be tricky, especially because he did not want to lay down. So i started by taking a picture of him with my phone and sending it to Had to show him what he was missing out on. My sweet husband, I love him so much. He texts me and instead of laughing and saying "Glad it's you not me", which i was fully expecting (though he probably secretly was thinking that), says he's sorry he can't be there to help me. Anyway, after procrastinating for about 10 minutes, and my house really starting to wreak, I decided to tackle the monster.
He has had bad diapers before, and poop up his back millions of times (This one wasn't only up his back, but up his front, sides, legs, everywhere!) but the reasons this makes the #1 worst diaper: he can roll over, sit up, maneuver his hands to places he wants to put them, and it was a thick runniness if that makes sense. All of these combined makes for a very difficult and disgusting changing session! I layed a towel down cuz i knew it was gonna get messy, but i had no idea. WHen i took his onesie off, he saw it and started trying to get it with his fingers. I was trying to wipe as fast as i could, but he was so fast. I tried as best as i could to not get any poop on me and to keep it off his hands. I cleaned off his back and sides as good as i could get in 2 seconds, and layed him down. Whew, made it past that part. Then i had to actually take off his diaper. As soon as it came off, his little hands dodged my arms that i put up as baracades, and his tiny fingers instantly found what i did not want them to. I hurried and grabbed for another wipe with one hand, holding his feet in the air with the other so that i could wipe off his hands again, and he rolls over and puts his fingers in his mouth. Jete got it in his mouth! Aghh! I wanted to puke for him. He made the funniest face i've ever seen, and then started crying. After that, so much for me trying to be careful and not get any on me. Oh man, poo was all over everywhere. I know this is getting long, so to finish off the rest of the story cuz it sure didn't end there, everyone and everything was cleaned up and smelling good after only using 12 wet wipes, a dirty towel, a soapy bath, a soapy sink (with toys from his bath), scrubbed carpet, a clean diaper, pajamas, baby lotion, and a batch of laundry. Oh the joys of being a mom!

14 comments:

  1. hahaha... that is sooo funny!!! You have me beat! Grace hasn't done that since she was teeny tiny!!! I would die if she did that now kuz it would get sooooo nasty!!! I can't believe he put it in his mouth too, that is awesome! You have the BEST story to tell his future girlfriends now!!! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA! I was SERIOUSLY laughing--not AT you, but because I have been there!!!

    There are times like these that you just fill the tub and let them soak it ALL off in there-- :) Makes for nasty water, but a lot easier on the cleanup in the end.

    You did AWESOME dealing with it. Sounds beastly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUCK!! Man, I don't miss those days! At least he was finaly able to get it all out! Sounds like it was a pretty crapy situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I am on your blog Cin. I'll tell my fun time of the other day. I was changing one of those oh, so fun dipes of Miles (though nothing like Jete's experience) just an up the back sort of a deal. As I take off his diaper, Reece starts throwing up in his room, Miles pees all over his own face, and then spits up to top it all off. Good times were had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats so sad...Mack had been doing the exact same thing...he grunts for ever and when we finally change him its only the size of a dime...I feel so bad for him...I am hoping that it doesnt turn out to be an ending like this one though...I dont handle poop as well as you do apparentlY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! Only you could tell that kind of story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cin, that was quite the story, I loved it and laughed, and was glad it wasn't me. I can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cin,
    Your story is the goods, I laughed as I read, then to read holl's comment just made me laugh all the more! So so glad it was not me on either experience! Corbs poops in the bathtub and Tanner and Savannah yell and scream as they are jumping out as quick as they can.
    I love these stories, they are the best! Make motherhood the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cin,

    I am now with you on the wishing for one of those diaps. What's the deal with all our kids not being able to poop. Mag has pooped on his own about 3 times since he was born. (and they were all while Baby was babysitting him) We have to give him a suppository every 3 days. We're giving him herbs that are supposed to help, but noth so far. We used to let him go 7 or 8 days, but the doc said no more of that, you'll stretch his colon and wreck him for life. So suppositories it is. That makes for a fun poop session. I'll give some good advice. Lay them on a garbage bag instead of a towel when you know it's comin and comin big. Then ya just scoop it all up and chuck it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!!
    I found you! This is your long lost, I'm not sure what I am...Missy. I'm glad I have a way to talk to you now. Jeter is so big!! And cute! You need to go look at Addy bugs..you'll die. Well, keep in touch and let us know when you come home!
    Love ya
    Missy, Dutch and Addy

    ReplyDelete
  11. K so I had to tell you we went to Chili's for dinner last saturday and Addy was a "woofy" so I grab the diaper and wipes and head to the bathroom. Well, the changing station was in the handicaped stall and someone had locked it...so after I clean the entire counter top and layer paper towels to lay her down. Well, lets just say pooping and high chairs are bad. I had to litterally roll her onesie up and throw in away and wash her down in the sink and redress her!! The whole time I sat and laughed and she just smiled...so proud!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had- it was good to here from you. Good luck at not getting burned out from studying. This is the funniest story, I think I have ever read before. Your wife is a great writer. I think she should write a novel or something. She wrote so descriptive that I could see the picture clear as day even though there was no pictures! You guys have the cutest little guy ever. Take care- Tell Cindy Hi for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's disgusting!!! I can totally sympathize about having a hard time going to the bathroom, though. Damon was always like that, and then I started mixing a little prune juice in his foods or other drinks everyday, and that cleared up the problem. You should try just a little prune juice every day. It totally works and maybe you won't have anymore nasty disasters to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If this was my blog Cinja I think I would have taken a picture of that dirty diaper and posted it.

    ReplyDelete