Monday, October 6, 2008

When Daddy's Away...

It's always so hard every time Had has exam week. He is gone all day long, and some days doesn't get to see Jeter at all. A few of the days Jete stayed up a little past his bedtime so Had could at least tell him good night. Well, this past week was no exception, but maybe a little worse. It has been nice weather during his earlier exam weeks, so we could go out on walks, go to the pool, or go to the parks and play. Well last week it started turning colder outside and rained a lot. I didn't know what to do with this little kid. He wants me to constantly play with him, but there's only so much chasing him, playing hide and seek, and toys that i can handle. I decided we could still have fun even if it was raining and we didn't get to see Had all week. I took him outside and let him run wild in the rain. He had the time of his life! I actually splashed around in the puddles with him and we both laughed like crazy. He loved every second of it and cried when i dragged him back inside to get him out of his wet clothes. It took up a good portion of the morning, and got him all nice and tired out for a long nap. So next time you think "Ah crap, it's raining again...now what should we do?" Go out and play in the rain, it's so fun!













This was another one of our little activities we did while it was nice and freezing outside. I've been wanting to make cookies like crazy (well any kind of desserts/treats, I'm pretty much a freak when it comes to desserts), but Jete makes it a little difficult because he hangs on my legs and wants me to hold him every time i go in the kitchen. It's pretty much torture if any of you can imagine. Well since we were so bored and had nothing but time on our hands, waiting till Had gets home anywhere from 9-12 at night, I decided Jete could just help me make them. He loved helping and sitting up on the counter to watch my every move. He tried to help mix it after each ingredient went in. But once he realized it was edible, oh my! He started freaking out when i had to pull him out of the bowl. This boy can eat some cookie dough! Anyways, Had's exams went well, and we're all so excited that they're done. Only to look forward to it again in another 3 weeks. :(






11 comments:

  1. That's hard being home with a little one all day long. I sympathize with Had too. Exams are unbearable. I'm glad that you guys are doing well and Jete looks cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jete looked so cute. Nic used to take Mason and splash in the rain in Tx Mason loved it. That is hard when they come home late. When I am stuck at home we whip out the playdough. It is always a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being done with the exams Had! Jete is getting so big! The pictures are so cute, I miss you guys so much!! I can't wait till Christmas when Lexie and Jete can play together again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pics Cin. Dang Jete is so stinkin cute. That looks like it would have been real fun. Well mostly the rain part, not the cookie thing. I don't know if I could handle that, you're a nice mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you guys are still alive. I hope school is going good. Jete is growing up. He's such a little pimp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand. I can't wait until school/residency is over! It's tought, but hopefully worth it, right? Good luck with your half this weekend. Are you guys going to Baltimore just for the race? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job cin, hey you know if you just had another baby than poor Jete would have a friend. My kids have started playing really well together. Actually Cole mostly torments Kallie and it is pretty funny, but they do play good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. I need to get Ellie a rain coat. She would love splashing around in the rain. Jete looks so cute and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little boy is so dang cute! I can't believe how fast he has grown up! You look Super hot Cin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can totally relate to exam week!!! So glad we don't ever have to go through that again!

    ReplyDelete