Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Break at Kalahari

Hadley finished another round of tests, doing awesome as always, then started Spring Break! We started it out by having our friends Josh and Karlie come and stay with us for the weekend. It was fun getting to see them again. Then we went to a car show, and some outlet malls. We went to Kalahari (a big indoor waterpark) last year for spring break and decided we wanted to do it again this year. So we packed up and stayed there for 3 days. It was fun to get away by ourselves for awhile. When we got tired of swimming we'd go back to our hotel room and lounge, then go back and swim until we got tired again. We thought Jete would have a lot more fun this year, since he was only 8 months old last time we went.







I looked up and saw Jete, thinkin he was the king of this place.



"The King" taking over someone else's cabana.


We couldn't let Jete have all the fun. This is one of our favorite rides. We call it the toilet bowl. Ya never know how your gonna get dumped out, but one thing is for sure, my swimming suit came off every time i went down. For some reason there is always a boy lifeguard at the bottom. Hmmm. Hopefully it was too splashy to see anything.










This wave pool is one of my favorites too. Had and Jete didn't like it as much. When Jete would get sick of swimming, they would go sit on the chairs and eat snacks and watch while i played in the waves.

Here's a few of Jete's favorites...






























So we thought that he would like it more this year cuz he was older, but this was a common theme while we were there....

him running out of the pools


and playing "get you" on dry ground.


16 comments:

  1. That toilet bowl ride looks dang awesome - I've never seen anything like that in my life!

    We recently went to a waterpark too, with our two boys. I went down the slide there, and at the bottom I had the same prob with my suit. And yes, boy lifeguard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cin that place looks so dang fun. I love the pic of Jete being the "king" its the cutest thing ever. I bet your swimsuit comin off was real fun too. Glad you guys got to have a fun weekend away for yourselves, its looks like it was tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fun place! We love to go swimming. Erik would especially like that place, I think. What a fun vacation. Whoa, the toilet bowl ride looks crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks awesome! Jete is getting so big! He is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cin,
    Congrats on updating!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! WHy are you coming in May? Die toiletn looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have decided we are going to go away to college, you guys look like you are having fun!! We went to a place in Couer D'Alene with a toilet dumper. It was awesome!! Jete is so cute and you guys look great!! Do we get to see you this summer???

    ReplyDelete
  7. We totally missed out! We will definately have to go there together nexct time! Thanks for letting us come hang out, we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute pictures Cin. Looks like you had some great fun. The toilet bowl looks awesome for someone else. I'd freak out.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture where Jete is looking like the king of the place!
    He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cin, that looks stinking fun. I pretty much want to go to that water park. I think that our whole family would love that place. I can picture all of us going crazy there, and never wanting to leave. How far away is it from your house? And how come you are going to mom and dad's in May? What about the Kansas trip?

    P.S. The goods about you and Janie with your suits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks like the funnest place. What a fun spring break. I can't believe how big jete's getting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I love seeing new pics of Jete, he's getting so big! That water park looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like fun. Totally love the Science Museum! I think we went like 6-7 times while we were in Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cin,
    I'll add a little something to your 4,000 comments. First Jane and Cin, I'll top it. Seven Peaks, age 15, going down that dirty drop off one, Heb's waiting for me at the bottom. Lost the top half. Fumbled for a few to get it back on while he and the boy lifeguard turned around, mabes cuz they thought I might be embarrassed by my mosquito bites. Really the age and the uncle may be the only reason for mine being worse. Do you think the boy lifeguards request those spots? Cin my boys would have gone crazy there. I'm so glad you guys are taking a little time to enjoy it. I miss Jete. Plus it looks like he's wearing a little speedo in the one Had is helping him make a basket in. Is he? Mag has one. It's cute. Yeah, tell about May.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let's go Cin. That looks so fun. We're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Wyatt loves to be in water too! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete