Monday, March 23, 2009

A bad week

The week started off a little like this...

Then after coughing, puking, diarrhea, and fever for a few days, he got to this stage....
Miserable!


When his fever finally broke and he quit throwing up, we thought that things would start getting better, but nope. He started coughing like crazy, wouldn't eat anything, and wanted to sleep all day long for the next 3 days. He would literally beg for his bed. We would try and keep him awake, and he would fall asleep wherever he was. After a visit to an urgent care, the E.R., his pediatrician, a chest x-ray, 5 breathing treatments, medication, and more puking, we only got 5 different diagnosis....pneumonia, RSV, dehydration, bronchiolitis, and a sinus infection with the flu. Lovely doctors, lovely.

After he finally got on the right medication, he was almost instantly better, and is a happy little boy again, YAY!!! St. Patty's Day was the first day in one week that he actually smiled and wanted to run around. The weather was so nice that day, I took him out and played outside with him as long as he could last. We're so happy to have our little boy healthy and happy again.






10 comments:

  1. Sad... I'm glad he is feeling better! I honestly can't believe how big he is getting. He looks like a little boy now instead of a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jete! I hate it when little kids are sick. I'm glad he is feeling better. He looks so cute with his little clover on his cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Cin, that is the craps about him being sick. I feel ya all the way, except yours sounded way worst. He is so cute, those pics makes me want to kiss his cheeks and chase him :) He is such a cutie and cute clover on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I concur with the Lovely docs, lovely. Jete is so freakin cute, however, I may be partial ya know, as a aunt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you just want to pull your hair out?? I hate having sick kids. Cole has cried for a week now and I don't know what his problem is, no fever or nothin but seriously grouchy. Shoot me. So sorry about Jete. He is such a stud. When do we get to see you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, so glad he is feeling better for his sake and yours, it is the worst when they are sick and they don't know what to do with them. We went through almost all of those same treatments about a month ago...also love the St. Patty's pic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad he's better. What a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesh, what a mess! I am glad that he is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, we feel for you and I think any other mother in the world could too.

    ReplyDelete