Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Jete turned 2 last week!!! Whenever i asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he kept saying "um.... potty (party), boons (balloons), cake, chockit (chocolate) cake." I figured i could at least do that much for the kid. He was super excited when we brought home balloons for him. He is normallly the best sleeper ever, goes to bed without making a peep, and sometimes even asks for his bed. But he was so excited to have the balloons to play with, he cried and cried for his balloons when i layed him down for a nap. It took him over an hour and a half of being in his crib that he finally fell asleep. After his nap, we had a little birthday party at a park for him with some of his friends and he loved it. My camera is having some issues so i asked my friend if she could take some pictures. They are so cute i couldn't decide which ones to put on here, so here's a bunch. Thanks again Randee! (If you want to see more pics of the party and the kids having fun, go to her blog [Beegh and Randee] on my sidebar.)








Yay for me, I already figured out how to make a two year old happy....


Slides


Swings


Bubbles


Toys that are loud :)





I know what a lot of you are thinking but no, we aren't forcing him to like basketball. I showed him pictures of all sorts of cakes and he wanted a basketball cake. So this is my attempt at a basketball cake and i know it's not great, but he was able to tell that it was a hoop and a basketball, so....mission accomplished. He was so excited about his cake that he got into the fridge himself, and took a big swipe at it with all 5 fingers before we took it to the party. Yeah, lovely.


Happy Birthday little Jeter boy! We love you so much and love doing things for you to make you happy. We feel so lucky to have you in our family.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jete! I like the cake too, I think it turned out great. Much better than my own attempt would have been. Okay, so did I miss a post earlier... I had no idea you were pregnant. Congratulations!! Hope you are feeling well. What is the due date? Boy/Girl and etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay happy birthday Jete man! I cant believe our boys are already 2?! And I am so excited that you are having a girl, its so fun. I love the cake and cupcakes what a great idea, I might have to steal that from you in a year or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cin all the stuff looks so cute including Jete. I love all of the pictures. The cake turned out dang good, so nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the bubble pic is my fav - you should frame it or something. Jete is one handsome little dude! Nice job on the cake! Mac is turning 3 in August and he insists on having an octopus cake.... I'm in for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cin,
    That cake looked awesome, way better than anything I could attempt! Move closer already!! We miss you guys!
    ~Ern

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing pictures. what a cute little turd. He looks great in Green. I haven't talked to you forever. Do you ever come home again??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yahoo!! I have been waiting for you to post birthday pics!! Good work on the cake! It looks like Jete had a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cake... clever idea on how to make it. How are you guys.. we haven't seen you in forever. I hope everything is going good for you and your fam. Good luck on the baby comig up. Let us know when you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy B-Day Jete! Good job on the cake, and cute pics (complement to your friend). Love the taped up hands and feet, T.Jay's a bit slow, he hasn't figured that one out yet but I'm sure he will sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey wes told me what you are going to name your baby, i am pretty much ticked off, that is what I have been wanting to name a girl if I ever have another kid. That is okay though, I will forgive you. I am sure she will be a hottie and that name is totally for a hot chick. Love ya and I am not really mad I think it is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cake Cin. I think you did a great job. Plus, your pics are good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cin, nice work on the cake, and Jete is so dang cute. Cruiz loves basketball more than anything right now too. In fact, since we got back to Kansas, he cries each night when we put him to bed because he wants to play more "bakaball hoopie." He loves it!

    ReplyDelete