Thursday, January 20, 2011

Boy vs. Girl

I've been noticing a big difference in Jeter and Jerzi lately. I can't decide if it's just their personality, or if it's because one's a boy and one's a girl. Anyway, it inspired me to post some of the differences between boys and girls that I think are so fun, well... sometimes.


GIRLS
My little Jerzi girl can cast a mean glare!
(Ignore me and my non make-up'd face)



I love that I have a little girl that loves to clean!
Each time I change her diaper, she has to have a wipe for herself so she can go around cleaning up after............Jete and Had. :)
(I can't wait till she gets a little older and I can give her more jobs)

I get to do her hair lots of different ways.
Here's a couple of the latest

STRAIGHTENED



(LOTS OF FUN TWISTS)




She sits there and lets me teach her how to play the piano.
Ok, ok, I don't really teach her yet, but she likes to play, and looks like a natural up to the piano, with better posture than me.





I don't really love this HUGE difference between them. Jerzi throws major fits all the time. She'll throw herself out of your arms if you're not ready for it. She slams her head into things (walls, floors, couches, chairs, etc.) when she's mad and then looks at you when it hurts like you did it to her. She is sooo full of emotion. You can definitely tell if this girl is happy, sad, mad, shy etc.
(JETER NEVER REALLY THREW ANY TANTRUMS AT ALL, SO THIS IS VERY NEW TO US!)




One of my favorite things about girls.....
There's so many cute clothes and accessories for girls,

and I love to dress her up!













BOYS
Jeter has been so boy that it's ridiculous. He loves all things boy-ish.
Had was gone to Texas for just about 2 weeks for interviews. While he was gone, the big BCS National Championship football game was played. I was really sad that Had wasn't going to be here to watch it with me. It's just not as fun to watch a big game by yourself! Especially, when the Oregon Ducks, who I've grown accustom to like, thanks to Had's fam, are finally in it.
Luckily I have a little boy, that was very excited to have a "football party" with his mommy.
Together we made a football field with coconut, food coloring, and frosting. We got some of his little toy men to be the football players, and some football oreo cookies to be the ball.
Before the game started I said to him, "Oh man, I almost forgot to put on my Ducks shirt!" So I ran upstairs and put it on, and when I came down he said,"So now do we gotta start quackin?"
I laughed and said, "sure do".
So we went around the room quacking until the kickoff, then settled down to watch the game and ate our football oreos, drank some sparkling cider (because that has come to be the "party drink" in our house), and played a little football with our handmade football game.
I love that Jete loves sports!







There was a fumble on the field!



Jeter loves electronics. And as much as I don't really like him playing them, it's funny how young they learn to love them.





Jete loves cars, trucks, monster trucks, BIG pick ups, and motorcycles.
Here he is having what he calls
"The HUGE huge, biggest race of all". These big races happen quite often and I am always invited to come to the HUGE race.




Ok, so it's no lie,
I really do like dressing up this kid too.



There's so much more but it would take me forever to write about all of them so I'll just say that it is so much fun having a boy and a girl, and seeing how different they are, and how different you act with them.

We feel so lucky to be able to have one of each!



13 comments:

  1. Cin, I loved this post. I like to hear the differances (personality and boy/girl). That is cool. Also, I want to say go DUCKS! Even though I don't really watch them, I feel proud that you like a team from Oregon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that green tractor wins the HUGE HUGE every time huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously can't believe how much hair Jerzi has! I'm still praying that Bree gets something by the time she's two, she is absolutely hairless. Having a boy and girl is so fun! Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cin I love this post as well. Its so dang cute. And your kids are stinkin cute and I LOVE that cute Puma outfit Jerz is in. I need to get one for my girls, where did you get it? PLus I love that Jete said you gotta start quackin, haha it made me laugh. And send me pics of new hairdos all the time over the phone, cuz I do Saylor's hair the same all the time now days. Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cinner, you seem like a fun mom. Let's be friends. :) No seriously, if you lived by me I'd want to hang out. And maybe go running too! Plus you have cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad about the poor ducks! Jete is adorable as ever, and Jerzi my gosh she is a doll. I have never really noticed, but she looks a ton like Macy in that pic with the pink and white puma outfit. So cute. Can't wait for you guys to get home, Another couple that we like to hang out with moved this weekend and we are getting to be pretty much friendless. Hurry up so we can hang out and so you can see me in all my ginormous glory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cin,
    It's funny that Jerzi throws fits and Jeter doesn't (well--funny-interesting, right?), because that's exactly our little Becca and Jacob too. He has always been so mellow, and she definitely is all about the drama, good or bad. I think she's thrown more tantrums than him already, and she's only 1! :) I love feeling like I know you guys a little more from reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're pretty much the funnest mom that I know. Dang! I always feel a big lose when I hear about all the fun things you do with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cin,
    You are an awesome mom. I only feel slightly bad in comparison. Last night for example, I got the flu. Then Dax comes up in the middle of the night in a towel and says, "I threw up all over." So Josh tells me to lay back down and he'll take care of it. I hear through the vents Josh telling Dax to hurry up and get it all before it makes him throw up. Then he gave him a bowl of soapy water and a rag to scrub his mattress. All the while I am upstairs in bed feeling torn between laughing my head off and feeling bad for Dax because the poor kid is sick as a dog and having to scrub and wash his own pukey bedding. The laughing and total exhaustion won out and I just layed there and fell back to sleep before Josh even came back in the room. Ta da, Mom of the Year! Lets just say there was no football field made out of yummy things for all my boys on the big game day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to have to say it's a boy/girl thing. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cin,
    I am laughing b/c of Angie's funny puking story; she needs a blog too. OR maybe she has one and I haven't learned how to stalk it yet. I started a blog swapasmile.blogspot.com
    I don't have any "Mom-of-the-year" stories like you. Go Ducks! I am excited to hear how Hadley's interviews went. Your little girl/boy post was spot on. I especially loved the picture or Jerzi on the floor crying her guts out. Fun hairstyles and I am wondering how long she watched a shoe to get you to do that to her.

    Keep smiling Cindy.
    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post, Jerzi's hair is so fun and long and full, love it and isn't dressing little girls the best ever, the only thing better is when you have to to make all matchy-matchy :) And love the football party, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. been thinking aboutr you guys today! where are you guys going to live????
    loved those games you posted looks like alot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete