Tuesday, July 26, 2011

If He Can Learn It At Four.....

So I was upset at Jeter yesterday for not listening to me. I started getting mad at him, and giving him a little lecture on how he needs to listen to me and blah blah blah. As I was talking, he was looking at me with these scared, sad puppy dog eyes, like..."Am I gonna get in trouble? Please don't get mad at me" look.



In the middle of my rambling, he gets this cute little grin on his face and his eyes change to the look he gives me when he's just thought up a great idea. Then he interrupts me and says,






"Mommy, you look so cute today!"





Oh you sneaky little devil!




It totally worked though. I couldn't be mad at him anymore. Instead I laughed out loud at him and thought about how funny it was that he thought that up all by himelf.




Then it got me thinking..... if he is four years old and figured out what to say to girls when they're upset, how come it takes other boys so long to learn it? (boys in general Had, of course I'm not talking about you here.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck Cin, this is hilarious! Oooo you've got to watch that boy! He IS a little sneak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute Cindy! I hope Houston is treating you well and I will let you know when I am back in September! Try to stay cool down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny -- I love the story and will have to tell my kids that one

    ReplyDelete