Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jete Jete turns four!

We got to go home to Idaho for Kenzie's (Hadley's little sister) wedding for a couple of weeks. It was tons of fun, and I think we played just about every minute while we were there, but that will be another post. Right now I want to talk about Jeter, cuz he's my little birthday boy.


We were lucky to be around family, so close to his birthday (we flew back to Texas on the 19th and his birthday is on the 20th), and everyone spoiled him.

First he had a birthday party at Grandpa and Grandma McArthur's. I told him we were going to his birthday party and he was like, "Yay!!! I'm four now!"

Well... not quite yet, little dude.

I explained to him how it wasn't his real birthday yet, so he's not actually 4 for a few more day, but we were just celebrating it that day cuz we wouldn't be with them on his real birthday.
He seemed to get it, and I didn't think anything of it.

We had ice cream sundaes and the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever to get to make their own, and put all the sprinkles and candy they wanted on it.


When we said it was time to open presents, he said, "No! Those aren't mine. It's not my birthday yet."


Woopsies. I guess I did too much explaining. HAHA We finally convinced him that they were his and he gets to open them, and then he LOVED it and thought it was the greatest day ever.






Then we had another birthday party for him and Maycee (Had's little sister), with the Pococks and Crapos out at the sand dunes. He had a monster truck cake, which he couldn't stop talking about, got to play in the sand for hours, along with rides on the four wheelers and razors. He was one happy little boy.


Grandpa and Grandma Fuller gave him some fun little birthday presents that he could play with on the plane ride home. So his birthday lasted a long time.
Well, we got back from Texas, and the next morning was his actual birthday. He didn't seem very excited. So I tried to help out the situation by telling him he gets a special birthday breakfast where I would make him anything he wants. He chose pancakes. But not just any pancakes.
Dirt bike pancakes.
What in the? How in the?
Sweet Jete. Sweet request. I had no idea what to do. But I wanted him to feel special, so I tried my hardest. (By the way, Jerzi requested a helmet. Awesome.)





I let him pick out what kind of cake he wanted me to make.
Here it is in all its glory.....

A bowling cake!
HAHA



I figured we can just have a little bowling themed birthday, and go bowling as a family. Cute right?
Well....that's not quite how the story went. We didn't have any eggs when I went to make the cake, so instead of going to the store, then making a cake, we decided to just stay and hang out together, and play with Jete's new presents for the rest of the night, and I would make his cake the next day. It was really fun, and we loved being back together as a family.
However, when we asked Jete how old he was, he responded,
"I'm still three."
"No, Jete, you're four now remember, today is your birthday."
"No I'm still three!" he said getting ticked, with tears starting to form in his eyes.
"Jete, you turned four today, why do you keep saying you're still three?"
"Cuz I don't have a birthday cake to make me turn four."

Oh man, we did bad. It made me so sad.
But eventually the cake got made, and he loved his bowling cake. (Had on the other hand couldn't figure out why I agreed to Jete's request for a bowling cake. He said I should have helped change his mind.) And now Jeter is finally four!






Now I want to hurry and write a few things about my little Jeter boy that I want to remember. Feel free to ignore all this.

-Jeter is a sweet little boy, most of the time. Sometimes he says to me, "Mom, I'm trying to be good so you'll be happy."
-His favorite game to play is "Beat Jete"
-He observes things very intently, and pays attention to the littlest details.
-He loves people. When we were in Idaho, he told me a few times, "Mom, I just love everybody here." Then he went on to name everyone that we had visited.
-He loves to "work". He informed me that he doesn't like my kind of work though (referring to cleaning), only Daddy's (referring to working with tools, and working outside).
-He loves four wheelers, dirt bikes, motorcycles, and monster trucks. In fact, he's kind of obsessed with them.




-He is very competitive. Everything is a race. And if he's not gonna win the race, then "it wasn't really a race." Oh dear. I know.... it's our own faults. HAHA

-He gives us hand signs every night before he goes to bed. (Hi, Love you, pork and beans, peace out)

-He is out of control. He flips and flails his body as if nothing hurts him, and he gets more bonks and bruises than I've ever seen any other kid his age.

-He is very daring and is always trying to climb to the highest thing and then jump off.





-He has a hard time walking anywhere. He always wants to run.
-He likes to be around older kids.

-Every kid that is outside playing is his "friend".
-His favorite movies are Bolt and Sandlot.

-He has a hard time playing by himself. He wants someone (usually me) to play with him or to be there, just watching him play.

-He finally likes the water, and wants to go swimming all the time. He lets Had launch him up in the air and go flying into the pool.






-He is always happy.
-He gets crazy hyper when he gets tired.

-His favorite foods are steak and bacon.

-He is a good sharer.

-When he gets hurt he wants to watch a movie.

-He still doesn't eat potatoes. (We told them that they will make him get bigger and stronger.) He told us that he doesn't need to eat them because Linds told him that she wants him to stay little forever.

-He constantly tries to do new tricks on his Harley, fourwheeler, and bike.

-He is a great big brother to Jerzi. He loves her so much. He is always giving her hugs and kisses on her forehead, and has to give her hugs before bed each night.





Jeter has been so much fun to have in our family. He's always wild and crazy, and every day he says something or does something that cracks us up. We love him so much.

Happy Birthday Jete Jete!



5 comments:

  1. I love all these facts Cin! Seriously he is a little devil/doll. He's too smart for his own good. :) Haha, I love the pic of him and Jerz riding around on their little motorcycle. Awesome! And that's way funny he wanted a cake to help him turn 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cin, your kids are so freaking cute, and smart, I wish you guys would stop moving further away!~ Plus, what an awesome mom you are!

    Can't wait to come visit when it's not hot, and humid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cin that was such a fun post. I loved it. ANd nice job on the cake and pancakes. The cake was awesome, I loved it. And I loved the picture of him and Jerz riding, its the cutest thing ever. I wish we lived closer so that him and Say could play together everyday. Say needs someone to challenge her and take stuff from her and be mean to her sometimes cause she does that to all her friends and I swear none of them do it back to her and I'm pretty sure Jete wouldn't just let her boss him around :) Plus sometimes I want her to be more crazy but she has no one here to show her how. Come visit me Cin, I'm too poor to come visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeter is ADORABLE. I love the picture of him smiling with his 4 candle and the picture of your two kids on the bike at the end is priceless.

    I read through your memories and think you have a great kid. I predict he will be a bull-rider when he grows up :-) (I took my kids to the Famous Preston Night Rodeo last night so the flip-floppy bull riders are fresh on my mind).

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Jeter hjas got to be one of the cutest kids ever! I can't believe he's already four!!! I remember for to his 2nd bday party! I'm totally jealous of him though...It sounds like he had an awesome birthday week!!!

    ReplyDelete