Monday, August 15, 2011

More of Idaho


John and Melissa took us fishin while we were in Idaho. John loved teaching Jete how to catch fish.


First you have to find a good fishin hole.
Then put on some good bait.
Next, cast your line out.
And then sit back, and wait.
Photobucket






Walahhh! It's as easy as that.


Jete catches a fish.
(When Jete saw the fish flippin around out of the water after it was caught, he wasn't sure what to think.)
Photobucket





John's tricks must've worked. Cuz it really was as easy as that. We caught fish like crazy!
Photobucket




Cookin up our dinner.






One might wonder what Jerzi was doing this whole time....
gettin some lovin, of course!












Crazy Jete enjoyin the life of a fisherman.




Girls in the bushes......
hmmm, wonder what they're doing. :)



The kids were laughing like crazy, having a good ol' time on the boat ride back to the pickup.



That's right, I take pictures while Maycee and Jete hold the boat at the dock for us. :)



Miss Jerzi girl and her little diva self, waiting for the pickup.



We also got to hang out with our good friends for a little bit while we were there. Jeter and Cole were so excited to play with each other, even though they only get to see each other like once a year. They're only a few weeks apart and are sure to get into trouble when they're with each other. I came out to check on them and this is what I see.
After I told them to leave the girls alone, they both instantly turned on each other. So funny!
Photobucket








My mom took us to the zoo in Idaho Falls. The kids always love the zoo and have a good time.

Good thing they don't care about the wreaky stench that came from these animals, especially the penguins. Wow! Those are some stinky things.
Photobucket






The crew




Playin around in the gift shop.
Photobucket



Jerzi was super shy the whole time we were in Idaho, and really had a hard time warming up to anybody. But Grandma McArthur was her best friend after she pushed her on the swings. She followed her everywhere, and begged her for more "wing".
Photobucket

Photobucket



I mentioned in an earlier post that we went to the sand dunes for Jete and Maycee's birthday party. It was fun to watch how different Jete and Jerzi both reacted to the sand since it was something new for both of them.

Jete dove right in and started rolling down the hills and scooping it up.
Jerz on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with it, but I did finally get her to touch it...
with one finger.




We got to hang with my cute neice and nephew. It makes me so sad that we don't get to be around them more. Our kids are really close in age and they would have tons of fun together.





Jerzi's messy cake face.





I took Jerzi out on a little ride with just us two, where she could relax and not have to worry about others talking to her or grabbing her. She became herself again and was having so much fun. She wouldn't stop smiling. I missed her being like this while we were there.
(She was seriously so shy almost the whole two weeks we were there.)
Photobucket



We were constantly just going going going while we were in Idaho, so it was good to just go out for a ride with each of my kids by ourselves for a little bit.
Photobucket




And last but not least, there's no way I could leave out this next little adventure, even though I wasn't actually there for it. While we went through the temple with Rob and Kenzie, Broc and Sam took our kids out to a little race track, and took pictures for me too. Jete has not stopped talking about it since. He had so much fun! It was like his dream come true.


I think Broc took him around first....




Then they let him drive by himself!
He's so pumped!




You probably can't tell on here, but close up you can see the look of concentration on his face.
I love it!




Ridin with the "big boys."




Up over hills.




Now that he's feeling confident in his driving skills, of course he starts doing tricks...
look, one hand! Go Jete! :)



Even Jerzi got in on a little ridin action.



And a big sucker too. Ahh, what fun!




There is so much more that I want to write about, or put pictures on here about, but it's already getting too long, and too many pics. Our Idaho trip was so much fun and I just want to say that I seriously think I have the best families ever. Everyone was so awesome and were so good to us. We had a blast while we were there, and it was all thanks to the best grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Thank you so much for everything and for all the time you spent with us. We will never forget it!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like sooo much fun! You guys are always doing fun crazy things...just a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cin, I loved this post. I am having serious withdrawls of Rexburg and the fun stuff you can do there in the summer right now, I so LOVED seeing all of it, even if I don't get to do any of it. Everything looked so fun. ANd how about that you were cooking your fish while on the boat, if that doesn't scream John, I don't know what does. I had to call Zach in to see it cuz I thought it was hilarious and sweet and so John. You guys did have a fun trip it looks like and I wish I could have come and visited while you were there. Dang, mabes next time. OH yea and your kids are so dang cute, seriously, some of those pics of Jerz and her eyes are killers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids look old, especially Jerzi. She's changed a lot since we saw you guys in Feb. Feb. that was a bad month for us. Don't think that's how we really are. Anyway, the question is did you really eat that fish you caught? Tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stinkin cute kids! Gotta love Idaho.... makes me miss it. I heard you are in the big TX now... how you lovin it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Times, Can't wait to see you guys again. I love how the boys just dive right into playin with each other without missing a beat, just like if they saw each other every day!

    ReplyDelete