Friday, September 30, 2011

GO DUCKS!!!

First off, we got visitors!!! Yay for that! Melissa, Brayden and Diana came out to see us for a few days. We mainly just hung out, ate a lot of good food, (played the wii a little too much) until Friday, then drove up to Dallas, where we met John. Ya gotta know that whenever you're with John, you always see more than what we have planned. This time was the Stockyards. It was a cool old little place that reminded me of Jackson Hole, WY.






Jete and Jerzi were both too chicken to ride (sit on) this Longhorn, so we forced Jerzi to get on with me. Ya gotta take advantage of opportunities, right?




The kids got to ride these little horses/ponies, (I don't know what they are). But I guess they weren't as scary as that big ol ugly hot, salivating Longhorn, cuz they loved the ride. Someday, hopefully we will be able to get our own horses, so we can go on real horse rides. That's my plan. :)





Onto the real reason we went to Dallas!


We went to a Ducks game!!!
WOOT WOOT!!!

Our car ride over to the game. In case you can't tell, we're Ducks fans. (John bought us all Ducks shirts to wear. Soo nice!) It was fun to walk around before the game and see all the tailgaters, and get heckled at. My personal favorite was the people that were walking around with a duck (stuffed animal) on a leash, pretending it is dead. I also loved when we just walk past random people and they high five you cuz you're wearing "their" team. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing at it all. I love the football atmosphere.




They were playing at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium. It was so amazing, and HUGE!
I couldn't get it in one picture, that's how big it is. So that is two pics combined.






The Oregon Ducks vs. LSU Tigers
AGGHHHH! So exciting!!!

Both teams ranked in the top 5, people were calling it the game of the year!
Plus, look at this stadium! So awesome!





Here's the gang gettin stoked to go inside.





They played Kenny Chesney's "The Boys of Fall" while they were warming up. I love this song. I can't even explain how excited for the game I was while I was listening to this song.... and I love football!

Pure happiness!






Had and Jete, excited to be here!






So the Ducks always have sweet uniforms.

I love to see what uniforms they're wearing each game. I didn't know how cool their gloves were though until I came to the game. When you put your hands together to make the "O", the O has wings. LOVE IT!!!





I loved seeing this, and all the O's people were holding up and yelling out.







These LSU players must not have got the memo...

only one person is supposed to fake an injury at a time.





To be honest, I wasn't very excited to take the kids with us, mainly for selfish reasons. It would be hard to pay attention to the game, I might have to leave with one of them and miss the game, they would be a distraction to others all around us...., ya know, things like that. But they were pretty good, especially considering how long the game was and that it was way past their bed times. They both got into the game. Jerz kept yelling out "DOE DUCKS!!" She still yells it out in our house all the time, or whenever she sees football on tv. We love it. I'm sure it was a little hard, and a little annoying for everyone that we went with though, for them to be there and climbing around (So I'm sorry to all of you). But everyone was so nice and helpful with them.


We kept them busy with snacks, treats, and pop.





And when that got old, we started passing them around.





















Game Day was there, and set up right in front of us.








Although the game didn't turn out how we wanted, it was a
pretty dang awesome experience! Thank you so much John and Melissa!

3 comments:

  1. SaWWEEET!!! Ha! those kids of yours are too dang cute-glad they made it through the game! And you girls all looks so cute in your matching T's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like tons of fun! You have some stinkin' cute kiddos! I'm glad you guys are liking Texas!

    ReplyDelete