Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yabba Dabba Doo!

McArthurs. Meet the McArthurs.

We're the modern stone age family.

From the town of Bedrock, we're a page right out of history!



For Halloween this year, we dressed up as the Flinstones.

Wanna meet the family?


Fred
(Notice the juice box in his hand? Someone had a huge cooler, and gave drinks out instead of candy. Awesome huh?!)






Wilma





Bamm Bamm



Pebbles




When I was trying to decide what Jete and Jerz could be for Halloween, I read on the internet how some people made Flinstone costumes in like 3 hours, right before a Halloween party. I thought that would be a cute idea and fairly easy to make. I also know that I usually take longer than anyone to do anything, so I figured it would take me a lot longer than 3 hours. Plus I'm definitely not what one would call a seamstress. I don't know how to use patterns, so I just had to make them up as I was going. Well, after working on them for one week straight, I finished them right in time for our ward trunk or treat. So I was pretty happy that we were all able to fit in them and that people recognized that we were dressed as the Flinstones.







They had all sorts of games set up for the kids at the church for the Halloween party, like bowling, fishing, mini golf, a cakewalk, etc. They also had a little costume parade for all the primary kids and handed out awards after it.... and Little Miss Jerzi girl won an award. Yay!


The actual trunk or treat was a little ridiculous. There was so much candy. We didn't even go to all the trunks cuz their candy buckets were too full. So Jeter and Jerzi sat in our trunk and started chowing down while Had passed out candy to the same kids that were making their rounds for the 3rd and 4th time. I did love seeing how creative some of the people were that decorated their trunks though. Some people really get into it. It was awesome. Not us. I didn't even think about decorating ours. Woops.










Bamm Bamm and Pebbles....they're showing us their muscles.





Me and Had decided that we were going to dress up to take the kids around trick or treating. It was fun. And what I really loved was that we got to just go out in our costumes, and I didn't have to make the costumes to fit over a big puffy coat or snowsuit.










I mainly just put this picture on here cuz it's so crazy to see green bushes and trees instead of bare bushes and trees with no leaves on them, or covered in snow on Halloween.

Gotta love Texas weather!










I totally remember doing this as a little kid....

dumping out all my candy and just being sooo excited.

Now I just look at all the candybars that they got and get excited. :)


Halloween is GREAT!


3 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest costumes ever Cin. I love them. They look professional. Great job!!! My 3 hour sewing projects usually take about a week or two actually also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute costumes, nice job! And I especially love how huge Bam Bam's club is! ha ha Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed with you costume making abilities. I personally love Had's tights! You are a fun mom, I really should be better but i guess I am just lazy cuz it is so much work to get all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete