Thursday, December 1, 2011

Giving Thanks For Family

Thanksgiving!!! We were lucky to have Grandpa, Grandma, and Ashton come visit us in Texas for Thanksgiving. We couldn't wait for them to come! We were counting down the days for forever it seemed like. When they finally got here, Hadley went and picked them up at the airport after work, and we all met at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. The kids have been dying to eat here, so it was super exciting. Plus, that place is just cool. We all loved when the animals would start moving around (except for Jerz, she was afraid).







Look at this dessert...

Oh how I love dessert!





Jeter got sick the night before they flew in, and was sick the entire time they were here, except for the last day. It was such a bummer. He loves playing with Ashton and didn't really get to play at all. He mainly just slept, whined, and cried cuz his stomach was hurting him so bad all through the day. Then every night he would throw up. It was the weirdest sickness ever. So here we are getting ready to eat Thanksgiving Dinner...

without Jeter and Jerzi (they were both in bed asleep).




Yum, it was delicious! Had did most of it (or so he claimed), and he did a pretty awesome job. The turkey was awesome. But so were the cute little turkeys that me and Ashton made out of cookies and candy, that I got a lotta crap for taking the time to make. HAHA





Even though Jete was sick, we decided to head out to the Houston Aquarium. He was a good little trooper, and probably slept for half of the trip in the stroller. Poor kid! The weather was perfect though, not too hot or not too cold. We enjoyed every second of it.











My two favorite fish we saw....

The sparkly but fierce pirahna, and this other fish that looks like he has a sweet paint job.





The stingray pool was a big hit. And I loved to watch Blayne with my kids. I could totally see the love that he has for them. It's sad to me that my kids don't get to have these kinds of interactions with their grandparents more often than they do. So I love to sit back and watch, and take pics like crazy.


















I know this probs sounds kinda nerdy, but I love to watch Had being a cute little daddy to Jerzi, when he thinks I'm not watching. It makes me so happy to know that I have such a good husband and daddy for my kids.



The deep sea divers!




Yes, that tiger is real!

(But I have no clue why they have a tiger in an aquarium)



This tiger is not real, but I think Jerz was more scared of this one.











While Ashton and Jerzi were havin all the fun, poor little Jete was lookin like this.
It seriously was so sad to see him like this. He was so weak and tired. He just sat there until we moved him to the next spot.

They had a little train that went in a big tunnel under water with sharks in it. It was pretty sweet to see all of them swimming over us and on the sides of us.




They are so freaky looking!







We had so much fun spending time with them! We all can't wait until they can come back again. Hopefully next time no one will be sick, and we won't have to be worried if we need to make a trip to the E.R. the whole time. :) We loved having you guys here! Thank you so much for coming and for everything!

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are getting so big! Tyler and I have been to that aquarium. The summer we got married he was selling pest control in Houston. Glad you got family for Thanksgiving! We haven't seen any family since we were home for the summer. It sucks, huh?!

    ReplyDelete