Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

 Easter was relaxing, low key, and enjoyable this year.  We had a Easter egg hunt and picnic at the church.  The primary presidency talked to the kids about the real meaning of Easter, then we all sang some Easter songs, then went outside for the hunt.



 They split the kids up according to age, so I had to go with Jerzi, and let Jete fend for himself, on the other side of the church. I realized about 3/4 of the way through it, that I should quit "coaching" Jerz on picking up every egg.  I don't know why I do that.  I don't even want her to have the candy. I guess its just the competitive side coming out in me.  She was ignoring me anyway. She just wanted the pink eggs or the big ones.  After I realized that she was happy with just a few eggs, we booked it over to Jete's egg hunt.


 On the way to the church that day, Jeter told me how he was gonna get so many eggs that his basket would be overflowing, so I fully expected him to have way too many eggs (they were only supposed to find 12, then be done).  Instead, I found him off by himself, checking out what was inside the few eggs that he had.  He told me that the other kids were too big and too fast so he couldn't get very many eggs.  I felt so bad.  I should have just had him come over to Jerzi's hunt, like lots of the other mom did with kids his age.  I think I try and "follow the rules" a little too much.

All the kids sat around after and filled themselves up on candy, then we had our picnic.  The kids were fine with all the candy they got (or didn't get).  I was the one that felt bad that they didn't get very many eggs.  HAHA  



Our annual unspoken Easter Egg-Dyeing Contest!

Every year we dye eggs and without ever saying we're having a contest, we always try to outdo everybody else's egg.  What else would you expect?  :)



So I was taking kind of a long time trying to dye a cool one for Jerzi, and Had sneakily came and wrote 2nd on it with a white crayon so I wouldn't see it until after it was all dyed, thinking that it was gonna be my best one.  When I saw the 2nd place, I laughed like crazy.  For one, he did something like that last year too, for two, he was worried that it was gonna be #1, for three, he wrote that without me seeing it, and four, I had one more egg left that he didn't know about.  Wahaha! 

Here's the real winner!
 The funny part of the whole thing was that me and Had were each saying how our own egg was the best.  So after it was all said and done, we asked Jerz which egg was the best out of all of them.  She pointed to one, and it was....
Dun dun dun
Jete's! 
He was so excited!  We all had a good laugh.


Our cute little munchkins Easter morning


No comments:

Post a Comment