Friday, November 30, 2012

G is for "Good" Grass

I'll have to admit, Jeter's preschool is pretty fun.  They do lots of fun things.  I love to hear about the things they do when he goes to the other people's houses.  It always sounds fun.  He loves it.  They learn a little bit too while they are having fun, so that's good too.  When I had the preschoolers at my house, I knew we couldn't just play, I had to make sure I taught them stuff.  So I did.  Important stuff, like what real, "good grass" is like.  I miss good ol' Idaho grass.  (The grass here in Texas kind of feels like the weedy grass that we try and get rid of if it's in your lawn in Idaho.)   I had my mother in law send me some grass seed from Idaho and each kid was able to plant their own little "good grass" guy.  Then as their hair grows, they get to give them haircuts.  These grass guys were part of our lives up until now, so I thought I better post some pics.  Cuz they're about to get chucked.  (We had an ant infestation in our house, and they discovered the grass guys.  So now there's ants all over in their dirt.) 

Jeter's grass guy before his hair cut



Jerzi's grass girl before her haircut




Giving the haircuts




What great little stylists they are.




A sad farewell to the lovely grass of Idaho.  You will always be missed.

5 comments:

  1. Cin
    That is a fantastic and cool idea! I like reading abt your creativity too. If I was a kid I would want to play at ur house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. And HELLO! Jerzi's coat is adorable! I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing as Audrey - that little coat is so cute. Your kids are getting so grown-up like. This is a cute idea. I'd definitely want to play at your house if I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and clever, gosh I need a little creativity in my life. Oh and you make one sexy catwoman!!

    ReplyDelete