Monday, November 18, 2013

T ball Champions!!!

Let me start off by saying t ball is intense here in Texas.  There are 2 different levels of t ball; a 4-5 year old level, and a level for 6 year olds.  The 6 year old one has umpires, and if they get a good hit, or the the fielders miss or overthrow, they get to keep running, instead of stopping on first base like in the younger level.  Well Jeter played in the 6 year old division this fall and he actually got on a good team!!!  His coach knew what he was doing, and he had some really good little players on his team.  It was seriously so much fun going and watching them!  Jeter improved tons since last year and came away from the season a lot better than he started.  So that alone was worth it.  But I came away from his season a little more in love with my kid loving and excelling in a sport than I ever thought I would.  

 I loved watching Jete hit the ball.  He got to be a good little hitter... but mostly I loved watching him fill one side of his mouth up with air as he went to smack the ball.
I loved the shy, but proud look on his face when he hit his first home run.


I loved watching the parents and coaches get into it and yelling 
and cheering over a right or wrong call.  
I loved watching Jeter tear around the bases and hearing 
other parents say, "Man, that kid is so fast!"


I loved that Jeter was about the only kid who knew or cared 
about the score at the end of the games.
  I loved that he wasn't ever a kid in the dugout that was climbing 
the fence, or causing problems with other players.
And I loved that they only lost one game the whole season, played in a tournament, and won the championship!!!


I loved watching how Jete's face lit up when his daddy told him how proud he was of him. 
And I loved watching Had help coach, and get sooo excited for Jete's games.






We loved watching Jeter play and are so proud of him!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment