Monday, March 31, 2014

Camping With A Newborn

We decided to go to our ward camp out when Dash was only 6 weeks old.  We miss camping so bad, and he has been doing really well through the nights, so we figured, why not.  Everyone there looked at us like we were crazy.   Maybe we are a little.  :)  The weather was good (except for when it poured during dinner).  And Dash couldn't have been a better baby.  His pac n play looked like this, empty, because I was afraid he wouldn't stay warm enough.  So I brought him into the sleeping bag with me and Had.  He only woke up once, ate, and went right back to sleep.  But all night long, I constantly kept checking him to make sure he hadn't wriggled out somehow or that he wasn't getting suffocated from all the blankets.  He did awesome, me, not so much.  I was awake most of the night worrying.  But it was still fun.


The next morning, everyone got up for breakfast, and me and Dash got to stay in the tent and cuddle and sleep.  Ahh, lazy mornings, the outdoors, and snuggling my cute baby, life is great!




Such a good boy!  And the little flannel shirt!  LOVE!  Nursing in the car, not so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment