Monday, September 15, 2008

Pullin the Plug

That's right, we're taking Jeter's binky away. Had just finished a week of exams, and has a couple more weeks before the next ones start, so we figured now's as good of a time as any. He has been very attached to his binky, but only when he goes to sleep. In fact, he sleeps with one in his mouth, and one in his hand, just in case the one in his mouth happens to fall out. He can hurry and pop the other one in, without missing a beat. Well, we have wanted to take it way for a little while now, but haven't really dared to. (We really like our sleep!) So anyways, last night was the first night without it, and he did pretty good. I'm really excited about this. We layed him in his crib, and he cried for about 10 minutes, then fell asleep! We were like wow, that was way easy. Then about a half hour later, he woke up and started crying again. We thought we were in for it, but he never woke up again the entire night! His nap today went even better, only cried for 5 minutes. Then, tonight when we layed him down for bed, he was not just crying but screaming. I bet it wasn't even 5 minutes later and we heard silence. Is it really this easy? I'm so excited. Now i'm just hoping that it will continue to go on like this, and hopefully i don't jinx him by saying how its been working good so far.

9 comments:

  1. Good Work Cin. We have been talkin about takin Saylor's away lately. Since we have been here she has gotten way more attached to it. I hate it but it keeps us sane :) So when she starts feeling completely better we are going to start takin hers away during the day and then work towards the night later on. I figure she is young enough still that it is just fine. As long as she isn't running around when she is 3 with it in her mouth then we are okay. How's the training coming for the marathon. I haven't ran once since I got here, I need to but I never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goin guys. We too have discussed this same topic. Weston and I feel a difference of opinion though. Cole has been up every hour of the night since birth until like a month ago, he is just now sleeping somewhat decent at night so wes never wants to take the binky away. I on the other hand cant stand the thing. I think they are disgusting and would love to chuck it today. However we are leaving to drive to Coeur d'Alene this afternoon, so maybe when that trip is over we will ditch it. Or maybe after christmas, or maybe when he goes to kindergarten. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it has gone good. I always dread the day you have to take things away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo!! No more bink. Good job guys! It's kinda sad though cuz now he seems so big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cin, I hope it continues to work out for ya with the no bink thing. It took Aiden about 2 weeks to get used to not having his. And there were lots of times that I wanted to give in and give it back to him cuz it would have been the easy thing to do. Hopefully Jete will continue to be a good little egg and it will be just as easy as it has been for you so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! Are you guys going waling tomorrow? If you are...what time and how far?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Coming from a family of dental professionals. . good work Cin. Got your blog from Casey's. Wow, I can't believe how grown up all the little neighborhood girls have gotten, all with families of their own now. How do you guys like Cleveland? You gotta try an ice cream place called Mitchells by Beachwood mall. Its cheep and yummy! We have a private blog, if you want an invite e-mail cleanmouth2@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job! I didn't take Damon's away until he was about two...he only slept with them, too. But for some reason he didn't seem to mind, thank goodness. Hey, I tagged you on my blog, so if you feel like answering it, it would be fun to see what you have to say. check out my blog for the rules. later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for remembering my b-day! That's so funny. I feel like such a bad friend cuz I don't even know when your b-day is, so you'll have to tell me so i don't feel so guilty. So when are you running your half? I got pretty sick of training towards the end, but the race is so much fun. My was even fun and it was practically impossible. I really want to do another half, this time on a flat course with paved roads. I want to see how fast I can really do it. Let me know when your race and your b-day are. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete