Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More Summer Stuff

I used to think there was nothing like running in the rain. Until now.

We planned to go on a bike ride one day with some of our friends. We saw that there was a chance of showers, but there was a chance of showers all day, and it still hadn't rained by the evening. So we headed off. We stopped at this lake for a little break and noticed dark storm clouds in the distance. Instead of continuing on like we had planned, we decided we should probs turn around and head back, so we could make it home before we got soaked. About 20 seconds after we got on our bikes, it started pouring. We were still a good 4 miles away from home. So we just pedaled faster, and trekked it through the pouring rain, with our 4 kids in tow. I was a little worried about Jeter, cuz he hates getting his face wet, but he did good. In fact all four kids acted like it didn't even phase them. I think Jerzi LOVED it. She was smiling the whole time. We all couldn't stop laughing as we rode down the trail, and tried to look at each other through the rain streaming down our eyes and faces. We got tons of weird looks from people in their cars. It was such a fun ride though. We loved it!




What do you know? It stopped raining as soon as we got home!







BERRY PICKIN
There are u-pick farms all over out here, and I decided to pack up the kids and go to one and pick raspberries. All my hard-workin, berry-pickin days at Sonderegger's when i was younger paid off. HAHA It was fun to just go and pick as many as i wanted, and let the kids eat a few too. Ok, so Jerzi ate a little more than a few. It really was a good thing that i picked fast, cuz she ate them fast. She ate tons!!! Well, I was excited to get all these berries so i could make raspberry jam. These two little munchkins were there to help me every step of this process.



They helped pick.
(even if it was out of my bowl)






























We played and had fun.
(the most important part)




We cooled off with a little ice cream treat.


We all took turns mashing the berries.



The finished product. Delish!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun--the berry picking, not so much the rainy bike ride! :) Good for you getting some jam made with kiddos helping. Linnae

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a bunch of u-pick farms too and I love it - we pick blueberries and peaches every year and then I make rasp/peach jam - so yummy! We need to get a bike, it made me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so fun Cin. Loved "talking" to you the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cin, that bike ride looked dang fun! It's only fun though if you have peeps to do it with and you can laugh your heads off.
    Plus, your kids are so dang cute! Jerzi with raspberries all over her face, stinkin cutie! Looked like fun. I just made strawb and raspberry jam a few weeks ago. Only I didn't pick my berried. I also canned some peaches. I love homemade everything!

    ReplyDelete