Thursday, June 23, 2011

Continued.... (part 2)

See, I told ya I was behind. These are from the month of April.




BIRD


My little sister Bird (aka Jamie, for those of you that might think I really have a sister named Bird) came out to visit us in Cleveland and it was so fun to have her! We took her to Kalahari, a giant indoor waterpark, and good time was had by all. (Well maybs Had didn't have quite as much of a good time as we did. He very nicely volunteered to watch the kids while me and Bird went on all the adult rides.)





This is inside one of the cute little bamboo huts that have slides down to the kiddie pools.





Bird and Jerzi splashin around through the fountains






Jete liked the water a lot more than last year when we went.





















This is a big improvement for Jete. All the times that we've been to this place, he wouldn't ride down any of the slides that had water splashing him in the face. This time he went on everything, and loved it all.













This is Jete's "I'm pretty cool" face. For real. I wish the life jacket wasn't blocking it. He puts his tongue down below his bottom teeth and to the side whenever he thinks he's being cool. He was walking along the pool on his hands, backwards, and was so proud of himself. HAHA Way to go Jete!






Bird was just so happy to be with us. :)







We also went to Kirtland while she was here.








My cousin Lydia got married.....in Rexburg, Idaho. Bird missed it and the reception cuz she had came out to our house in Cleveland. So we were so excited to find out that her husband was from Columbus (kind of near there) and they were having a reception there. So me and Bird got in the car the night before she had to go home, and drove for about 2 1/2 hours to get there.


We definitely were happy that we went. It was unlike any reception that we'd ever been to, and we were laughing the whole time. I won't go into all the details, but there was a scary gorilla man, vampire teeth, silly string, and pies....in the face. HAHA So funny! It was so good to see my aunt and uncle and cousin again. I hardly ever get to see any extended relatives since we've been in Ohio, so it was fun to catch up.






Me, Uncle Steve and Aunt Myrna made Bird go up with "All the Single Ladies" (that song was playing while they did this) to catch the boquet. Bird wasn't too excited but we thought it was the goods. She didn't even attempt to get it.








Here's my cousin and her new hubby, dancing together, as a swarm of people came and tied them together with a rope, silly stringed them into a cocoon-like web. After I took this pic, someone came running through and put a pie in his face!









EASTER







I couldn't leave out Easter. It was fun to celebrate it this year.
We made Easter Egg rice krispie treats. Jete and Jerz were so excited about the sprinkles on them, I don't know if they ever even took one bite of the actual rice krispie part.












We dyed Easter eggs. Both kids really got into this and loved it.













Then they discovered that we had more stuff than just the dye.


Jete painted....






and Jerz found the stickers.


She didn't want to dye eggs anymore after she found these. Instead, she ended up taking off all the stickers from the paper, and putting them on her arms and belly.













Every year, me and Had have a contest about who's egg is going to be the coolest. (Are you surprised?) I'm pretty sure mine wins every year :) and here I am showing him this egg is gonna be THE #1.





















We also made Easter sugar cookies. Ok, when I say we, I mean me. I made them, they ate them, about as fast as I could frost them.


(That's not saying too much though I guess, cuz I do things a little bit slow sometimes.)














We had an easter egg hunt for the kids in our house when they woke up Sunday morning.







Look at these cute little Easter baskets my mother in law sent the kids. So cute!







Jete couldn't hold still long enough for any kind of normal picture, too excited!







Easter Sunday!





What a cute, sweet little boy he is....






HA! Did he trick you?


This is what this little punky is really like!


P.S. He will only wear his tie to church like this, outside his vest. Awesome.








Even though they can be punks, we love them to pieces.






3 comments:

  1. Cin, you pretty much have the cutest kids EVER! That's so fun that Bird got to come out for a visit. Hope your move goes okay (went okay? are you there already?)
    Linnae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been busy! We're leaving tomorrow for externships and Mike will be in Texas September & October. (Greenville & Fort Worth) He wants to visit the Dallas one in November (his off month) Things are gonna be crazy! Hopefully we'll see you since we'll be a little closer (: P.s. Kade is the exact same way about the tie on the outside & Bree will be mad at us one day that she got crappy hair genes cause Jerzi has so much cute hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cin I loved this post, and I wanted it to keep going. Your kids are so stinkin cute. I love Jerz's hair and I love the side pony she is rockin, its stinkin cute. And I didn't know you guys got to go to Lydia's reception, but it sounds like it was a sweet one. I'm sad I didn't ever get to come visit you while you lived in Ohio, it better not be the same this time around. We better start riggin :)

    ReplyDelete