Monday, June 6, 2011

Dr. McArthur!

The day finally came!!! It seems like it took forever for this day to come, and yet it all went by so fast. Had is officially Hadley McArthur, DPM. We're so proud of him and all that he's accomplished the last 7 years. (He got accepted to podiatry school a year early so he didn't have to graduate from BYU-Idaho, otherwise it would have been 8 years of school.) He worked so hard to be a good student, father and husband, and graduated with high honors (he might be a tid bit mad that I told that but he deserves to be bragged about). He also made sure that he spent time with us every day. I honestly don't know how he did it. I am so proud of him and love him so much!










His graduation was held at the Palace Theatre. Lots of cool plays are held here, like Les Mis, Wicked, etc., but we didn't ever go to any of them due to Had's lack of interest. :( The building is gorgeous and I was excited to have his graduation there.

Up on the balcony, waiting to start walking in.







We felt very lucky to have his dad and Leslie come for his graduation. He had 8 other family members flying in (Mom, John, Grandma, Grandpa, Broc, Sam, Jake, and Jevin), but due to the weather in Denver, they weren't going to make it here until after he already graduated. So his grandparents and Broc and Sam turned around and drove home. The other four kind of had to continue on because they were going to be helping us move to Houston that day. So they missed graduation (but I called his mom during graduation and put the phone on speaker so she could here them announce his name).



They ended up getting here that night about midnight. So Blayne and Les helped us load the whole truck, right after graduation, along with the missionaries and a few others from our ward we grabbed at the last second. It was fun to have Blayne and Les there and spend some time with them before we moved.






Here's Had walking in to the graduation march song.






Getting congratulated. Getting hooded.






ALL GRADUATED!

WAHOO!!!






It was so awesome and even a little emotional for me to see Had accomplish something
so great. I'm SOOO proud of him!





I think Jete was just as excited as I was. We explained to him that Daddy graduating meant that he didn't have to go to school ever again. To Jete, that means that he gets to have his Daddy home with him. These next three years of residency is gonna be a rude awakening for him.






The proud parents. It was so cute to watch Blayne. He seriously was so proud of Had, and beaming the whole day. I was so happy that he got to be there. I heard him say "This is the best day of my life." I think for him to say that truly shows the love of a father for his son, and how he wants the best for him.










Jete was pretty proud too....
or just likes to cheese it.










Grumpy Gus, with his diploma







An inside look at the foyer of this beautiful building





The Diploma!

The piece of paper that he gets after all those years of studying, homework, notes, tests, no sleep, stress, and anxiety. So excited to be done! We're sure gonna miss all of our friends that we made in Cleveland but we're excited to move on and start this new chapter in our lives.




8 comments:

  1. Congrats guys (mostly Had, but I know how hard it was for you too Cin)! That is seriously so awesome. Cin I got emotional too just reading this, so I can only imagine how it was for you (and I got emotinal watching Zach, so I know how it is). Had congrats on graduating with honors, that is awesome and lots of hard work. I'm glad you got to have your Dad and Les there to celebrate with you. Yay for graduations and being done with school. If we lived close we could have a party and celebrate NO MORE SCHOOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That so sooooo awesome...and I'm soooo jealous! Congrats on such an amazing accomplishment! Hope your new adventures are going to be great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for no more school, we are just getting started again, I can imagine how happy you are Cin! Congrats to Had that is such a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really fun reading and I am proud of your family for making it through to this point. What a great accomplishment and milestone, way to go and thanks for writing it all down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had congrats on graduating man. You're all rich and everything already I bet. That's pretty sweet your a doc now. I'm sure you'll be getting all sorts of phone calls for you to check up on peeps all the time now. Be excited! -Bud

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Had: SMILE! You just graduated for cryin out loud!! :) (this is audrey) Oh, and CIN: you beast, I want your arms. Give them to me now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Had!
    You look really good in your cap and gown. These are really good pictures. cin does a great job of telling about your goings on. Graduating with honors is really awesome.
    Cin those are some serious muscles where you're holding Jete.
    I'm already starting to work on dad about coming to see you. Hopefully this fall we'll be able to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! I am SO happy for you and that's way cool that Had graduated with high honors, especially cool from the kid that hasn't read a book since The Red Fern Grows and the BOM. We are so happy for you guys. Reading this post makes me feel a little emotional as well. It's just so cool and represents so much hard work and sacrifice from all of your family!!

    ReplyDelete