Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Picnic Excursions

I don't know what it is about a picnic, but it makes it a little more exciting to eat your food if you're having a picnic.  At least that's what I think.  When I was little, I think we had a picnic for lunch with the neighbor kids about 3/4 of the summer.  So naturally, I still want to have them as an adult.  :) 
Luckily, my family loves them too!


We love to picnic with friends!




And having a picnic in a fort is awesome!
 (That is, if you're little... not so much if you're bigger and have to scrunch down.)






We like to get on our bikes and go find new picnic spots too.


This time we ended up at some baseball fields.


So after lunch we got to play a little imaginary baseball,
 one of my all time favorite games as a kid.



Now we're gonna have to start getting a little more creative, cuz picnic weather is just about gone.  It's getting way too hot for me to handle being outside for longer than 3 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Fun times Cin. This post made me want to start planning more picnics for us, now that our weather is finally starting to warm up so we will want to be outside :) Plus it brought back all sorts of fun memories of our picnics and imaginary baseball in the downstairs. It didn't get much funner than that, except that time I broke one of Cardon's lights in their basement, and I think they were new lights too. What were we doing playing baseball down there any ways? Its like 10 feet across haha We were awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cin - Guess what, I requested my MOther's Day food be a picnic somewhere pretty. Then, I read your post. I like your pretend baseball game and the forts. My kids don't do forts. I wonder if hardwood floor has something to do with it. I love forts and I love picnics.

    ReplyDelete