Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Workin Hard

 Jeter has this cute little workshop that has all sorts of power tools, nails, bolts, wrenches, hammers, etc.   He plays with it every once in awhile and tells me he's going to work.   Then he comes back after hammering really loudly for about 2 or 3 minutes and says, "Whew, I've been workin hard!"  Or sometimes he "calls" me from work and says he'll be home from work at 10:00.  Then he comes and finds me and says "Mom, I'm home!" He waits for me to give him a hug and tell him I've missed him.  That's usually the extent of him playing with it.  A couple minutes every once in awhile.  The kid really doesn't have a very big imagination at all.  I blame myself.  I'm pretty sure I don't have an imagination at all.  It's sad. 

But for his birthday, we got him the coolest thing ever for a kid with no imagination.  We got him play wood (styrofoam stuff), and tools that really work, with plastic screws and nails.  He's got a power drill, a saw, and a nail gun that really work.  So no more imagining....he gets to do the real thing now!




 

Look at that little hard working face.






The finish product: A new tool box

The only bad thing about this, we're gonna need to buy a lot more wood!

1 comment:

  1. How cute Jete!! Good Work!! You have a great talent there!
    ~Alissa

    ReplyDelete