Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gettin Away

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to run away from your problems, but on this particular day, I was having a bad day...and me and Had got in a fight over something dumb.  I needed to just get away for a little bit.  So I grabbed this little light in my life, and we went for a bike ride.  We rode and rode.  For miles and miles.  


He's the best little biking partner.  He seems to just soak up the surroundings and stare at everything in awe.  I feel that way too when I'm out in nature.  I love this particular bike path because it is so lush and green, and I feel close to the Savior when I'm in places like this.


We stopped at this overlook and watched for alligators.  We took pics, and threw rocks in the water. I just felt so lucky to be a mom.  To live in this beautiful world.  To have a husband that cares about me.  I know life isn't always gonna be perfect, and there's gonna be ups and downs, but I am grateful for what I have, and for the chance I had to get away for a minute to help me put things in perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment