Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Goodbye Work Truck!

This little bad boy has been with us for 10 years!  
I remember the day Had drove it for the first time.  

We were engaged.  I was out for a run, running down Rexburg's mainstreet, when all the sudden I hear a car honk, super close to me.  It kind of startled me, so I tried to use my peripheral vision to sneakily see who it was, without letting them know that I thought that car honk was for me. I saw a little green honda civic out of the corner of my eye.  I didn't know anyone that drove a car like that, so I immediately turned my neck and eyes straight forward and kept running, pretending I didn't hear it. They honked again, and I ignored it and kept running.  Then they sped up, passed me, and rolled down the window, and I got super embarrassed.  I still wouldn't look at them.  I hate when people yell stuff or pay attention to me as I am running.  Then the car pulled over.  I wanted to turn around and run the other way, so I didn't have to see them.  I didn't, but felt so nervous to pass by them.  Then all the sudden, I see this cute boy stick his head out the window to talk to me and it turned out to be Had.  Whew! Me, him, and his friend that was with him in the car all had a good laugh at how I reacted to the car honk.  Anyway, the rest of the story is history. 

It has been a good little "work truck", as Had calls it.  He has been so nice and has always drove this little gem to work, and school, and all over the place, while I get to drive the nicer, newer cars.  I have driven 4 new cars in the last 10 years, while he has cruised around in this the whole time.


When Had got a job and signed the contract to be a podiatrist here in Katy, we celebrated, by getting him this new car!  So exciting!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment