Monday, June 23, 2008

Opening Day

Our swimming pool finally opened! It was supposed to open on Memorial Day, but they didn't have it ready in time. We've been not so patiently waiting, since the weather here was so good around that time. Last week they finally opened it, only to have it rain the whole next week. Oh well i guess that's how it goes. The weather was good though the day it opened. The water was freezing cuz they barely filled the pool the day before, and Jete wasn't so sure about it, but now that the water's warmed up, he loves the pool. His favorite thing is for us to lay him on our hands, so that he's floating on his stomach, and he stretches his arms out and points to wherever he wants to go in the pool.



This was ice cold water. Had said we have to jump in. I told him ok, and that he could jump first so i could take the picture (fully intending on not ever really jumping), and then I got up some guts and actually jumped in, but we don't have any proof. Just know, i did it, and I'm not a wuss.




8 comments:

  1. Fun! The weather here is too unpredictable. It's either super hot or way too cold to swim. Is had done with school for the summer? Are you guys going home at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cin,
    Those are extra cute pics. The one with Had and Jete is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Cin. I wish we had a pool to play in, nope just the canals :)Jete is lookin pretty stinkin cute. I can't wait to see you guys and let all the kids play in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so fun. I can't wait for the water here to warm up enough to swim. I am excited for you guys to come. Christy and I have been pulling our kids behind our bikes and going to Porter park. we will have to ride to your mom and dad's while you are there. So you can play with us. Or are you only staying at yissy's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! Man it has been a long time since I have actually seen you guys! Even your whole family ever since the split our ward! I hope you remember me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!
    I'm jealous! Our pool is in doors and is always broken! :)
    Umm,Addy, Sleep, ya right! I'm just accepting the fact that she will never actually sleep all night...until she is like 20!! Hope you guys are good! Let us know when you come to visit again! Hey, is Jete walkin?

    ReplyDelete